EXHIBITION RULES & SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
1. Students must fill out the application on this website and upload (or email) a photo of the art work that you intend to exhibit by the deadline date posted on this webpage. You will receive confirmation that the museum received your application and photo. Applications submitted after the deadline date will not be considered.
2. Art may be created inside or outside the classroom.
3. All art work must be original creations of the student artist and signed.
4. Maximum size for 2 dimensional art is 30 inches in any direction (length, width). Maximum size for 3 dimensional art is 30 inches in any direction but the 3 D component may not exceed 12 inches. Maximum weight for paintings is 30 pounds and for sculpture (including stand) is 40 pounds.
5. Art may be framed or unframed.
6. All art intended to be hung on a wall must be enabled to do so with appropriate hardware (wires, fisheyes, etc) securely affixed to the artwork.
7. All art work shall be safely delivered to the museum, at 389 Route 46, Budd Lake, NJ 07828, for exhibition during regular business hours during proscribed dates to be announced after your application is submitted. This will occur approximately six weeks before the exhibition date. Artwork not delivered during the proscribed dates may be disqualified for exhibition.
8. All art work shall be safely retrieved or picked up during regular business hours on proscribed dates approximately six weeks after the juried exhibition is held. Specific pick up dates will be announced. Art work not retrieved during the proscribed dates may be put in storage for 30 days with storage fee to be paid by the artist. If art is not retrieved from storage after 30 days, the museum may dispose of it as it sees fit including sale, traded, gifted or trashed.
9. Friends and relatives of artists are welcome to visit the museum and to attend on exhibition day or evening and fill out an anonymous questionnaire expressing their opinion of the art works. The judges may consider “Public Sentiment” in their evaluation of your artwork.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE:
- NEXT EXHIBITION DATE:
- NEXT DROP OFF DATE:
- NEXT PICK UP DATE:
All students who have their art displayed at the Museum of Whimsical Art in accordance with the rules are eligible for scholarships.